Thursday, April 1, 2010

Vendor Spotlight: L'elephant Rose

Welcome to our new Vendor Spotlight series, where we will be featuring some of the vendors for each city on our tour. We are pleased to introduce Sherisa Vassel, founder of L'elephant Rose, one of our returning vendors from our 1st Curves & Cocktails NYC in April 2009.

L'elephant Rose (www.lelephantrose.net)
Founder: Sherisa Vassel


Sherissa (pictured right) and friend at her vendor table
from last year's Curves& Cocktails NYC

What is your hometown?
I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. I'm a first generation American to Jamaican parents.



What was the catalyst in your opening L'elephant Rose?
L'elephant Rose came form a direct and personal obligation to follow my heart and do something that brought me great satisfaction and also allowed me to interact and seek a like-minded community. I have always been blessed with a talent to create, but allowed the fear of adulthood to stifle that creativity. Once I allowed myself to be open to myself and ended the external abuses of the corporate world, I let L'elephant Rose find me.




What's your inspiration?
My daily inspiration is life itself. Good, happy moments. Laughs shared. Music. My constant California dreaming.

If you had to pick a favorite design from your collection, what would it be?
I could never pick a favorite design. I will say that with each passing day I am growing, even if it is not actually creating. Since the start I've been drawn to mixed media and an overall sense of delicacy. I am always looking forward to what I think up next or how to improe something I'm really fond of. Currently, I've been working a lot with rope and chain and I am in a definite brass and gold mode. So you will continue to see much more of that in the future.


What do you hope to gain from being a vendor at Curves & Cocktails?
I hope to continue on the same path as the first time I participated last year. I met so many wonderful people who have turned into personal friendships and business ventures. It was an extremely warm experience that I cherish because it was my first time vending--ever! I am so looking forward to this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment